The Covenant School is looking for a long-term substitute for our Academic Support teacher. The substitute will work with students in grades 2-5, offering intervention support in language arts, mathematics, and executive functioning. Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in an academic discipline as well as an education degree are preferred. The candidate will maintain an engaging and positive culture for students in the Academic Support program and provide regular communication to parents.
- Work with students in small group and one-on-one settings
- Teach using Wilson Reading and Singapore Math strategies (conceptual math)
- Push into classrooms to offer additional support as needed
- Provide bi-weekly written communication to parents
- Work alongside classroom teachers
- Meet regularly with Head of Lower School and Director of Academic Resources
Qualified candidates will have: a commitment to Covenant’s Christian principles; an eagerness to learn; experience working with students; a genuine caring attitude towards students; the ability to communicate clearly and establish effective, working relationships with students, parents, teachers, and staff; and the ability to be flexible working with various levels of students, subjects, and teaching methodologies. The candidate must also be comfortable sharing his/her faith with students.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Dr. Gaffney, Head of Lower School, by mail, email, or hand deliver to 1000 Birdwood Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903, or firstname.lastname@example.org.