The Covenant School is seeking a long-term substitute teacher who is passionate about teaching the Liberal Arts and Sciences in a Christian Environment. The position would cover from February 2022 through the end of the school year (June 10, 2022). Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in an academic discipline as well as an education degree are preferred. The ideal candidate would cultivate strong partnerships with faculty and parents while fostering an engaging and positive culture in the classroom.
This person is responsible for:
- Fostering a classroom environment that promotes joy in learning and love of others
- Designing lessons using the Understanding by Design (UbD) model
- Differentiating lessons to meet the needs of all students
- Performing duties such as lunchroom, hall monitoring, and playground
- Performing other related duties as directed by the Head of Lower School
- Participating in professional development
- Following all COVID guidelines outlined in the School's mitigation plan
Qualified candidates will have: a commitment to Covenant’s Christian principles; experience working with children; a genuine caring attitude toward students; the ability to communicate clearly and establish effective, working relationships with children, parents, teachers, and staff; and the ability to be flexible working with various levels of students, subjects, and teaching methodologies. The candidate must also be comfortable sharing his/her faith with students.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Dr. Mo Gaffney, Head of Lower School, by mail or hand delivery to 1000 Birdwood Rd, Charlottesville VA 22903, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org