Lower Grammar School Teacher
The Geneva School is looking for experienced, lower grammar school teachers with the ability to teach an integrated, child-centered curriculum. Full-time position for K4, K, 1st, or 2nd grade.
Qualified candidates will:
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or elementary education.
- Have experience teaching in an early childhood setting.
- Have an in-depth understanding of child development.
- Be eager to work on a grade-level team to plan instruction and other student experiences such as plays, field trips, and simulations.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate well with parents.
- Display a love for learning and a passion to cultivate that love in their students.
- Agree with the school’s statement of faith, attend and be in good standing with a Christian church, and live a life of discipleship under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3+ years teaching in an early childhood/grammar school classroom setting
- Have early-childhood/grammar school teaching experience in a Christian classical school
- Understand classical liberal arts education as it applies to grammar school instruction
- Demonstrate an understanding of and skill in implementing classical curriculum and pedagogy, and seek to grow in his/her understanding of this tradition in order to re-imagine and embody the richest practices of Christian, liberal arts education.
- Be capable of instilling in students the art of math, the art of language, and the love of story.