Join our Team and Make a Difference!
Hope Preparatory School seeks teachers with a missional spirit and vision to see all children reach their God-given potential regardless of economic status. We seek college graduates from all academic disciplines, whose hope is in God alone, to join our team as we impact the next generation for Christ through excellent God-centered education. Opportunities for leadership, creativity, and professional advancement abound as our growing, thriving school impacts a world in desperate need of God’s love and truth.
Our History: Hope Preparatory School was established in 2019 as a private, Christian non-profit committed to providing a Christian classical education to underserved students in grades K-8th grade with small class sizes at an affordable price. We will be serving grades K-5 in Fall 2022, with the goal of adding one grade a year up to at least 8th grade.
Our Mission: We are driven by our mission to foster hope in God by closing the achievement gap and preparing our students for college and beyond. We are fueled by our love for God and his care for every one of our students which motivates us to get better every day. Join our team of mission-driven brothers and sisters to work hard, do good, and make a difference.
Our Inspiration: “They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD, for the display of His splendor. They will rebuild the ancient ruins; they will restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities, the desolations of many generations.” Isaiah 61:3-4
We offer competitive salaries above NC average private elementary school salaries, and we offer a $1000 signing bonus. Employment decisions will be made on the basis of each applicant’s job qualifications, experience, and abilities in full accord with Hope’s statement of faith, mission, and values.
Hope Preparatory School is currently accepting applications for the following position:
This position may be full or part-time. If full-time, the position would include other teaching or administrative responsibilities depending on the candidate’s strengths and preferences.
The ideal lower school art teacher candidate will:
- -Hold a Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Applicants with a variety of degrees are welcome, including, but not limited to, Education, Christian Missions, History, Literature, Sciences, Math, Biblical Studies, and Classical Languages.
- -Demonstrate skill, creativity, and joy in teaching elementary children with excellence.
- -Display a love for learning and a passion to cultivate that love in students.
- -Love God and His Word and will share this love with students and families.
- -Agree with the school’s statement of faith, attend and be in good standing with a Christian church, and live a life of discipleship under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- -Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- -Demonstrate the ability to communicate well with parents.
- -Be able to teach our classical art curriculum for the lower school classroom which emphasizes study and imitation of great masters, art history, and learning and practicing the elements and principles of art.
- -Be eager to teach, learn, and serve together in unity within a missional Christian school community.
- *Teaching certificate is not required.
Do these qualities describe you? If so, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or give us a call: (252) 560-1350.See our website and YouTube channel to learn more about our school www.hopeprepschool.org
We are a member of the Classical Latin School Association. https://classicallatin.org/partner-schoolsHope Preparatory is one of seven Founder Schools of the Spreading Hope Network www.spreadinghopenetwork.org,For His glory alone!Diane SpearHead of School, Hope Preparatory School, Kinston, North Carolina(252) 560-1350