Providence Classical Academy (PCA) is seeking a Dean of Lower School (over K4-5th grades) for the 2019-2020 school year. PCA is going into its 15th year and has 491 students (including over 300 in Lower School). PCA is a school that focuses on nurturing Christ-centered disciples as we aim for students to trust, love, and live for Jesus in all of life. PCA also pursues students who are marked by a love for learning, as we use Classical curriculum and methodology towards that aim.
The Dean of Lower School is responsible for shaping the culture, nurturing teacher development, informing the curriculum, and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Lower School including direct oversight over a teaching staff of more than twenty-five teachers. The Dean of Lower School serves on a collaborative executive team working under the direction of the Head of School.
The executive team is driven by the PCA mission and endeavors at every level to produce the ideal PCA graduate: a spiritually vibrant, intellectually curious, socially mature, and culturally engaged student. To this end, the Dean of Lower School is responsible for ensuring that the lower school culture fosters a love for God and others; pursues academic excellence through a love of learning; seeks to build healthy relationships between students, teachers, and families; and serves our community well.
A well-suited candidate possesses strong collaborative leadership and interpersonal skills (high EQ) with evidence of success in nurturing a culture of Christ-centered discipleship and academic excellence among teachers, students, and families. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of working well on a collaborative team, knowledge of classical curriculum, and building and maintaining strong relationships between teachers, parents and students.
While those with bachelor’s degree will be considered, a relevant advanced degree is strongly preferred. Preference will be given to those with classical Christian teaching and administrative experience. Compensation and benefits are competitive. Applicants are invited to email their resumes with cover letter to Susan Gordon, Executive Assistant to the Head of School, at email@example.com.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in lower school classroom
- Demonstration of a mature and godly Christian worldview and lifestyle
- Demonstration of relational skill and a love for people, especially students
- Deep understanding and commitment to Classical curriculum & methodology
- Must have the ability to speak and write clearly, distinctively, & appropriately
- Agreement with the school’s Statement of Faith and mission
- Available to start July 1, 2019 (could be earlier)
- Five years of successful administration experience
- Master’s degree or higher
- Demonstrated leadership expertise in leading or managing a team in an administrative capacity