Position Summary: The hallmarks of the teaching environment at Providence Christian School are excellence in academics inspired by a challenging classical curriculum with a biblical world-view; an uncluttered, disciplined atmosphere that focuses on high standards of behavior and Christian character; and a partnership with supportive and involved parents.
• Participates in the development and maintenance of vertically aligned curriculum with colleagues.
• Works with department and division to ensure consistent high standard within the instructional program; provide division head with a copy of the weekly lesson plan.
• Documents classroom instruction with performance standards and level of mastery required by students.
• Follows policies and procedures concerning grading system, record keeping and communication to parents.
• Informs parents of their child's progress as well as the preparation of progress reports, parent in-person or telephone conference, narrative comments and report cards according to the schedule set by the division head.
• Maintains accurate records and notify the division office of all tardies and absences, serious accidents or health concerns, and any concerns for students' physical or mental safety.
• Arrives to school on time, properly attired, and well prepared for the instructional day.
• Performs all carpool, playtime, and other duties as assigned.
• Represents and promotes the school at various school events. (Grandparents’ Day, Graduation, etc.)
• Provides adequate supervision of students at all times in accordance with teacher guidelines.
• Attends professional development opportunities and reads assigned criteria.
• Attends division, alignment and department meetings.
• Supports the Student Handbook.
• Demonstrates a willingness to work as part of a team by being service-oriented, flexible, and reliable when helping co-workers accomplish their jobs/tasks at hand.
• Attends required school meetings and special events, and follow school rules and policies.
• Fulfills all qualified duties and responsibilities assigned.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree with a major in elementary or secondary education preferred.
• Previous experience teaching designated subject, and/or qualified through experience to teach
• Experience teaching in a Christian school.
• Ability to use basic office equipment and computer programs such as Word, Excel, and so forth.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• Work in an environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse
array of contacts.
• Regularly use near and distance vision.
• Ability to walk quickly and/or run in case of emergency.
• May work in varied outside weather conditions during carpool and special activities and events.