The Covenant School is looking for teachers for the 2023-2024 school year who are passionate about teaching the Liberal Arts and Sciences in a Christian environment. Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in an academic discipline as well as an education degree are preferred. The ideal candidate would cultivate strong partnerships with parents while fostering an engaging and positive culture in the classroom.
This person is responsible for:
- Fostering a classroom environment that promotes joy in learning and love of others
- Designing lessons using the Understanding by Design (UbD) model
- Differentiating lessons to meet the needs of all students
- Performing other related duties as directed by the Head of Lower School
- Participating in professional development
Qualified candidates will have: a commitment to Covenant’s Christian principles; experience working with students; a genuine caring attitude towards students; the ability to communicate clearly and establish effective, working relationships with students, parents, teachers, and staff; and the ability to be flexible working with various levels of students, subjects, and teaching methodologies. The candidate must also be comfortable sharing his/her faith with students.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Melissa Frazier, Assistant to Head of Lower School, by mail, email, or hand deliver to 1000 Birdwood Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903 or firstname.lastname@example.org