The Teachers’ Aide position is for someone who exhibits a genuine nurturing, caring attitude to all children, who can communicate effectively, and who can establish and maintain effective, professional relationships with children, teachers, and staff.
This person assists the classroom teacher in the following ways:
- Prepares lesson materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, and equipment as directed by the teacher
- Assists children individually or in small groups to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by the teacher
- Supervises students in classrooms, halls, cafeteria, playground, gymnasium, and on field trips
Qualified candidates will have:
- A commitment to Covenant’s Christian principles;
- Experience working with children
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- The ability to organize, prioritize, and work both cooperative and independently; and
- Attention to Detail
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Dr. Gaffney, Head of Lower School and Amanda Calabro, Assistant to the Head of Lower School by mail or hand-deliver to 1000 Birdwood Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903 or by email to email@example.com.