Job Title*: Communications Associate
Position Type: (Exempt or Non-Exempt): Non-exempt, 0.5 – 1.0 FTE
Reports to: Marketing Director
Closing Date: When Filled
Start Date: When Filled
Pay Range: $25/hr.
Benefits: Dependent on FTE
Location: Redmond, WA
Application: Accepted at https://www.tbcs.org/employment
Do you find reward in investing a piece of yourself into something bigger with an everlasting impact? Do you enjoy being part of a community united in a common goal? Do you enjoy making a difference in the lives of students directly in the classroom or through a supporting role? Read on to find out more about our amazing school!
The Bear Creek School is currently seeking to add a member to our Marketing and Communications team! The Communications Associate is involved in writing, editing, photography, simple graphic design, and basic website maintenance to support the overall marketing and communications efforts of the school. This position will work closely with other departments at The Bear Creek School to support their respective communication efforts. This individual supports the mission of Bear Creek through serving the students and teachers of Bear Creek in our marketing and communication efforts.
As a member of The Bear Creek School, you belong to a vibrant preschool - grade 12 community fully committed to the mission of our school: to provide a high-quality, Christian liberal arts education in a nurturing environment that will enable each student to become the individual God intends.
Why you should work at The Bear Creek School.
Bear Creek is a vibrant community of faculty and staff committed to the mission, offering many ways for students and adults to learn, play, and serve together in an inclusive, caring environment.
At The Bear Creek School, a Christian classical education serves as a powerful framework for teaching and inspiring students. You can support the mission of Bear Creek through leading the classroom environment and having an impact on the lives of students.
We are seeking an individual who…
Writing and Design
- Assist with editing and proofing school emails, blog posts, and other communications
- Assist with production of the weekly e-newsletter, The Bear Facts
- Update and manage digital displays
- Conduct interviews and write Modus Vivendi articles and other articles as assigned
- Assist with design and production of posters, printed programs for performing arts and athletics, and other in-house materials
- Take high-quality photos of events and activities for use in internal and external marketing collateral and on social media
- Assist with management of internal photo sharing platform
- Assist with posting videos on website and other locations as needed
- Assist webmaster in making basic content changes to website
- Create and update website photo slideshows
- Annually update Faculty and Staff Directory
- Update News items
- Responsible for other duties/projects as assigned by supervisor as needed.
The successful individual in this position will:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Take initiative
- Execute things independently when needed and work cooperatively with a team regularly
Required Experience and Education.
- Excellent writing skills for both print and online mediums
- Strong photography skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Flexible and adaptable
- Team-oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Office 365
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro)
- Basic understanding of html or web design
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or other related field preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in not-for-profit or independent schools preferred
- Available and willing to work some evenings and weekends to photograph school events or monitor social media accounts
- Currently held CPR/AED/First Aid Certification (with Epinephrine Auto Injector supplement included), or arrangements made to obtain certification within 90 days of employment start date
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorship is available for this position
It's more than a Job. As a part of our community, you also need to:
- Support the school’s policies and practices and work collaboratively in a professional organization
- Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different, or changing requirements
- Maintain confidentiality and security of information
- Hold self and others accountable to accomplish strategic objectives
- Effective in handling multiple concurrent tasks
- Adhere to biblical standards in all areas of conduct
You must meet the following physical requirements.
- Primarily office work (computer, paperwork, telephone, communicating with the public)
- Requires standing for long periods of time while attending events.
To apply or view all jobs at The Bear Creek School go to https://www.tbcs.org/employment.
The Bear Creek School is an equal opportunity employer. All employees of The Bear Creek School must agree to carry out their responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Bear Creek School’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Employee Handbook, and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Biblical standards.
Offers of employment are contingent on the successful outcome a criminal background check.
The above job posting is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of all jobs at The Bear Creek School.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who cannot perform the essential functions of the position, even with reasonable accommodations, or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees and students.