The mission of The Vanguard School is to help guide students in development of their character and academic potential through academically rigorous, content-rich educational programs.
Valuable Final Product: Upper elementary mathematics curriculum that is coordinated, lesson plans that are aligned and develop student skill across the years, and expert mathematics instruction.
The Upper Elementary Math Specialist will serve as the primary point of contact for upper elementary math teachers in respect to content knowledge, lesson implementation, and planning and preparation.
The Upper Elementary Math Specialist will support the professional growth of upper elementary math teachers and assist them in making relevant math connections across grade levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain collective knowledge of upper elementary math programs
- Meet with grade level teams to assist in implementation of the mathematics curriculum
- Teach math groups at all levels 4th – 6th
- Assist teachers with analyzing data and ensuring appropriate pacing
- Model lessons in the classroom as needed
- Serve as a resource for instructional strategies/materials
- Assist in evaluating student progress in meeting course standards
- Maintain grading keys for each grade level
- Keep intervention material up-to-date for each grade level
- Maintain standards of student behavior
Other Duties and Responsibilities: As needed or assigned
The Upper Elementary Math Specialist must be considered Highly Qualified.
The Upper Elementary Math Specialist must demonstrate successful implementation of Vanguard’s Instructional Program.