Job Title*: Science Teacher – Middle School or Upper School
Position Type: (Exempt or Non-Exempt): Exempt, Full-time
Reports to: Middle School or Upper School Division Head
Closing Date: When Filled
Start Date: August 1, 2023
Pay Range: $54,000 - $82,000 Dependent on Experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Professional Development
Location: Redmond, WA
Application: Accepted at http://www.tbcs.org/employment
Do you find reward in investing a piece of yourself into something bigger with an everlasting impact? Do you enjoy being part of a community united in a common goal? Do you enjoy making a difference in the lives of students directly in the classroom or through a supporting role? Read on to find out more about our amazing school!
The Bear Creek School is currently seeking to add a member to our Science teaching team! This individual supports the mission of Bear Creek through serving the students and teachers of Bear Creek.
As a member of The Bear Creek School, you belong to a vibrant preschool - grade 12 community fully committed to the mission of our school: to provide a high-quality, Christian liberal arts education in a nurturing environment that will enable each student to become the individual God intends.
Why you should work at The Bear Creek School.
Bear Creek is a vibrant community of faculty and staff committed to the mission, offering many ways for students and adults to learn, play, and serve together in an inclusive, caring environment.
At The Bear Creek School, a Christian classical education serves as a powerful framework for teaching and inspiring students. You support the mission of Bear Creek by instructing students in the classroom through inspirational teaching and sound instruction.
We are seeking an individual who…
- Plans and develops an engaging, age-appropriate course of study in the classroom, adhering to educational best practices and state and school district curriculum guidelines.
- Designs and presents individual lesson plans in one or more academic subjects using a variety of teaching techniques that appeal to various learning styles and methods.
- Prepares materials for lessons, assignments, and tests; evaluates, corrects, and grades student performance.
- Prepare weekly lesson plans, available for review by division head and department chair
- Maintain classroom management conducive to learning
- Inform Division Head and parents of student’s academic or behavioral difficulties, work together as a team to plan and implement success strategies
- Maintains required paperwork for individual student files, attendance and incident reports, and other necessary records.
- Complete progress and grade reports for each student in a timely manner using school guidelines
- Keep accurate and detailed records of each student’s progress to substantiate reports
- Arrange and direct field trips as appropriate
- Participate in collaborative evaluation processes with division head and VP for Academic Affairs
- Collaborate with department chairs and faculty to develop and coordinate specific plans for implementing school curriculum and policy
- Participates in faculty meetings, educational conferences, in-service opportunities, workshops, and other training seminars.
- Attend school events outside regular school hours including, but not limited to: ice breakers, curriculum night, new family events, fine & performing arts performances, student socials, open houses, & professional development sessions
- Provide supervision for an advisory group, break periods, or other supervision as necessary
- Participate in and give input on policy and curriculum decisions; staff and faculty selection; end-of-year evaluative discussions
- Provide division head with list of specific curriculum purchases necessary for upcoming school year
- Keep classroom neat and pleasant in appearance
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The successful individual in this position will:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Take initiative
- Deliver quality instruction
- Appreciate the big picture, while making strategic decisions that are well thought out and analyzed
- Can execute things independently when needed and work cooperatively with a team regularly
Required Experience and Education.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a science field
- Teaching experience or teaching credential preferred
- Experience working with post-elementary students preferred
- Familiarity with classical methodology and Christian Worldview integration preferred
- Currently held CPR/AED/First Aid Certification (with Epinephrine Auto Injector supplement included), or arrangements made to obtain certification within 90 days of employment start date
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorship is available for this position
It's more than a Job. As a part of our community, you also need to:
- Positively support of the school’s policies and practices
- Work collaboratively in a professional organization
- Be truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
- Be able to use strong written and oral communication skills to transfer thoughts and express ideas
- Be flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
- Maintain confidentiality and security of information.
- Hold self and others accountable to accomplish results
- Be Effective in handling multiple concurrent tasks
- Be Familiar with Microsoft Word and Outlook, ability to learn and work with the school’s integrated data-based software package as needed
- Adhere to biblical standards in all areas of conduct
You must meet the following physical requirements.
- Requires standing for long periods of time.
- Able to make visual and auditory evaluation of student work and performance
To apply or view all jobs at The Bear Creek School go to https://www.tbcs.org/employment.
The Bear Creek School is an equal opportunity employer. All employees of The Bear Creek School must agree to carry out their responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Bear Creek School’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Employee Handbook, and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Biblical standards.
Offers of employment are contingent on the successful outcome a criminal background check.
The above job posting is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of all jobs at The Bear Creek School.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who cannot perform the essential functions of the position, even with reasonable accommodations, or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees and students.