Job Title: Middle School Athletics Coach
Position Type: Non-Faculty, Exempt, Part-time
Reports To: Athletic Director
Salary: Volunteer or Stipend
Closing Date: Recurring Recruitment
Start Date: Dependent on Sport and Sport Season
Application: Application accepted at http://www.tbcs.org/jobs
The Bear Creek School is a classical Christian School for Preschool – 12th grade. We are a nondenominational, private, day school accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS). Please see our website, www.tbcs.org, for additional information.
The Bear Creek School is seeking interested and qualified coaches for open positions in our Middle School athletics program. Sports that Bear Creek offers in the Middle School include boys’ soccer, girls’ soccer, volleyball, boys and girls cross country, boys’ basketball, girls’ basketball, boys and girl’s golf, and track & field. Qualified candidates will be contacted and interviewed as positions become available.
- Provide instruction and training in the fundamentals of the sport/activity
- Supervise the team during practice, contests and travel
- Maintain facilities and equipment
- Promote sportsmanship and fair play among team members
- Provide first aid as required
- Recommend any equipment needed for training
- Report contest results to league coordinator and Athletic Director
- Some coaching experience preferred, but not required
- CPR and First Aid Training
Critical Performance Competencies
- Positively support the school’s policies and practices and work collaboratively in a professional organization
- Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
- Able to use strong written and oral communication skills to transfer thoughts and express ideas
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
- Maintain confidentiality and security of information.
- Hold self and others accountable to accomplish results
- Effective in handling multiple concurrent tasks
- Adhere to biblical standards in all areas of conduct
- Requires standing for long periods of time
- Requires lifting and moving of items upwards of fifty pounds
- Able to make visual and auditory evaluation of athlete’s performance
The Bear Creek School is an equal opportunity employer and is required by law to perform background checks on selected qualified candidates. All employees of The Bear Creek School must agree to carry out their responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Bear Creek School’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Employee Handbook, and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Biblical standards.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees and students.