Saint Thomas’ Episcopal School employs individuals who are committed to upholding our mission of forming honorable men and women through a classical education grounded in a Christ-centered worldview.
- Ability to teach:
- Create and maintain an orderly and aesthetic learning environment that accounts for students’ social, emotional, and executive functioning needs.
- Maintain accurate records using both the learning management system Veracross
- Empower students to take charge of their learning by providing all necessary scaffolding, modeling, materials, and resources, and consistently maintaining a high level of expectation for student success.
- Follow the professional code and policies of the school and conduct oneself in a way that promotes the mission of the school.
- Utilize Google Suite, in particular Google Drive, Docs, and Sheets.
- Attend all faculty and staff meetings and required special events (g., open houses, Spaghetti Supper, Fall Fair).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Masters degree or higher in desired teaching area
- Prior teaching experience
- Ability to communicate with and motivate children
- Demonstrated commitment to being a life-long learner
- Willingness to contribute to the general welfare of the school and its students beyond the classroom
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Successful experience integrating technology into the classroom
- Love for working with children
- Strong knowledge of and affinity for English Grammar and Middle-school classic literature.
- Lesson planning and the ability to provide engaging and differentiated instruction
- Ability to connect with school-aged children
- Effective oral and written communication
- A solid understanding of middle school-aged children’s academic, social, and emotional development
- Attention to detail
- Maintaining confidentiality and privacy
- Ethical conduct
- Time management skills
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Patience and flexibility
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation is dependent upon experience and degree obtained.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Saint Thomas’ Episcopal Church & School (collectively the “School”) prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, disability, or veteran status.
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are at least 40 years of age.