Veritas Christian Academy is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the Middle School Math Teacher position for the 2023-2024 academic year. The ideal candidate will have teaching experience and extensive knowledge of Middle School math. This position will support the school’s mission to prepare students for lives of service and learning through academic excellence, character development, biblical literacy, and intentional engagement.
- Understands and applies pedagogical skills and objectives in a classical Christian model.
- Integrates biblical, spiritual formation, and discipleship into lesson plans.
- Utilizes developmentally age-appropriate and engaging teaching strategies.
- Collaborates in developing and maintaining a vertically and horizontally aligned high school-prep curriculum with colleagues.
- Works with the division to ensure consistently high standards within the instructional program; provides the division director with a copy of the weekly lesson plans.
- Maintains updated lesson plans in Atlas.
- Follows policies and procedures concerning grading system, record keeping, and communication with parents.
- Informs parents of their child’s progress by preparing progress reports, parent conferences, newsletters, and report cards according to the schedule set by the division director.
- Maintains accurate records and notifies the division office of all tardies and absences, serious accidents or health concerns, and concerns for students' physical or mental safety.
- Arrives at school on time, appropriately attired, and well-prepared for the instructional day.
- Serves as a grade-level advisor in the Middle School Advisory Program.
- Represents and promotes the school at designated events.
- Provides adequate supervision of students at all times in accordance with teacher guidelines.
- Demonstrates classroom management, utilizes positive guidance, and refrains from corporal punishment.
- Notifies the nurse and reports all accidents or possible health concerns of students.
- Researches and attends 12 hours of professional development opportunities per school year.
- Attends division and all-school meetings.
- Travels with grade level on assigned class trips and other field trips.
- Attends Middle School Orientation retreat.
- Upholds the Student and Employee Handbooks.
- Completes all assigned compliance training before the start of school.
- Acts with courtesy and kindness to everyone.
- Works well under pressure and meets deadlines.
- Displays a character of goodwill, winsomeness, and humor.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work as part of a team by being service-oriented, flexible, and reliable when helping co-workers accomplish their jobs/tasks at hand.
- Exhibits the behaviors described in Essential Behavioral Competencies Required of All Employees.
- Performs carpool, recess, lunch, library, and other duties as assigned.
- An ongoing commitment toward advancing the Christ-centered mission of Veritas Christian Academy is required.
- A Bachelor's degree is required. A Master's degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- A valid teaching certificate is preferred.
- Previous experience teaching designated subject(s) and/or qualified through experience to teach the subject(s) is strongly preferred.
- Experience teaching in an independent school is preferred.
- Experience integrating technology within the classroom is preferred.
- Competence in Microsoft Suites and Google Suites is preferred.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
- Work in a fast-paced environment dealing with various challenges and deadlines.
- Regularly use near and distance vision.
- Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally use a ladder.
- Work in a traditional climate-controlled office environment.
- May work in varied outside weather conditions during carpool, recess, special activities and events.