Rafiki Foundation seeks to provide the best education in Africa for orphaned and impoverished children by training classical Christian teachers who will go on to serve in Rafiki schools or in African church-run schools. Rafiki operates tuition-free 3-year teachers colleges in 10 African countries where the need for teachers is critical.
As the Dean in a Rafiki teachers college in Africa, you will train your students in using Rafiki’s classical Christian curriculum and develop educators who love God, love their students, and love learning.
We are asking the Lord for four classical Christian educators to serve as teachers college Deans in Ethiopia, Ghana, Rwanda, and Zambia.
· A follower of Christ whose life exhibits the good works and fruit of the Spirit which accompany salvation
· At least a master’s degree in an education-related field and a passion for classical learning
· A willingness to raise prayer and financial support
· The successful completion of missionary training at the Rafiki Home Office in Eustis, Florida
· Agreement with Rafiki’s Statement of Faith
· Teaching or administration experience in a classical Christian school
A short-term missionary about her experience using Rafiki’s classical Christian curriculum: “[Rafiki students] are exposed to facets of learning I never had as a teacher nor as a student in the United States. The Freshmen class begins the study of Othello next Monday; the Sophomore class is just finishing a 7-week study of English poet John Donne; a week ago the 6th graders acted out a scene from The Iliad, Homer’s adventures of Ulysses.”