Christian Heritage Academy - Northfield, IL 60093
Christian Heritage Academy is seeking experienced, creative, and highly qualified "Living Curriculum Teacher" to help fulfill the school's mission: "to provide exemplary education...based on biblical values...equipping children to be lifetime followers of Jesus Christ." Living Curriculum Teachers have a growing relationship with Christ, are excellent in their field, and are capable of inspiring students to reach their God-given potential.
Visit our website for other job openings.
Ranked by Niche.com
#1 Christian High School in Illinois (2018, 2019, 2020,2021)
#9 Best College Prep Private High School in Illinois (2021)
#10 Private K-12 School in Illinois (2020, 2021)
Prospective candidates should have a degree in Art education, preferably with 2-3 years of experience teaching Art classes in an educational setting. The Upper School position has a three-year rotation of classes that cover Painting, Drawing, Drawing in Color, Mixed Media, Digital Design, and Ceramics. The classes have all levels of students so the projects can be adjusted for beginner and advanced students in each medium. The Middle School program offers choices such as Drawing and Architecture and Paint and Sculpture.
- Follower of Jesus Christ, who seeks to live all of life under His Lordship
- Spiritual maturity, with academic and leadership abilities that will enable him/her to teach all truths
- Demonstrated heart for the mission of Christian Heritage Academy and the advancement of Christ
- A bachelor's degree in Education from an accredited college or university, preferably with a Professional Educator License with middle school endorsements in Art education. Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant classroom/teaching/youth experience
- Demonstrated leadership and innovation in an educational environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality
- The ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment in a supportive, transparent, and solution-driven fashion.