Augustine Classical Academy (ACA), by partnering with families, exists to provide an education that is both classical and Christian; to equip students to know, love, and practice what is true, virtuous, and beautiful; and to challenge them to strive for excellence as they live for the glory of God and for the good of all people.
The Office Manager of Augustine Classical Academy works collaboratively to build a relational and welcoming environment for staff, parents, and children. The Manager oversees the office logistics of ACA’s high quality, integrated, investigative, teacher-directed, and child-focused program using the guiding principles of the school’s mission and vision.
This Position Reports to the Head of School.
- Provide primary daily interface between school and community
- Be present in the ACA front office four (4) days per week Mondays-Thursdays
- Greet families, community members, and prospective families, and assist knowledgeably with their needs
- Answer phones and school email
- Answer operations- and basic programs-based questions from parents or community members
- Conduct tours for prospective families at ACA-Lakewood campus
- Distribute school-wide printed announcements to student class folders
- Access, and assist in maintaining, online student records
- Enforce visitor sign-in for all visitors to ACA
- Provide basic limited office nurse duties
- Execute basic office and filing tasks, and keep all office and school entry space clean and tidy
- Provide communication to overall school community of various school activities and programs
- Coordinate administrative operation of after-school enrichment programs
- Provide on-boarding for parent volunteers engaging in after-school enrichment programs
- Assist in office-related tasks (printing, distribution, etc.) of any school-wide events information
- Collaborate with any relevant business manager(s) to schedule external events
Manage all facilities operations related to school upkeep and vendors
- Assist the Head of School or Executive Director in the general operations of the school
- Manage vendor relationships, including but not limited to rents, internet, janitorial, repairs, phone, and printing
- Place supplies orders, and ensure all facility supplies regularly and sufficiently stocked
- Coordinate with Bookkeeper on tracking supplies orders
- Maintain vendor files
Support parent council operations as administrative liaison
- Act as a non-voting member of the ACA parent council executive committee
- Be present at all parent council executive meetings, which may be outside of business hours
- Provide administrative information and assistance to parent council as needed
- Execute office tasks within broader scope of job description that pertain to parent council operations
Support the school’s development through continuous interaction and guidance of academic staff
- Model school values and desired culture
- Lead by example
- Maintain visibility in the workforce
- Cultivate a solutions-oriented outlook, a mentality of action rather than reaction, a balance of excellence and grace, and a demeanor that is glorifying to God
- Assist in facilitation of weekly and monthly teacher meetings
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills Required
- A love for people and a desire to do what is best for them.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and takes initiative.
- Movement involving stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, crawling, twisting, and reaching and substantial standing and walking and sitting.
- The ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and alone.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR, First Aid Certification, Standard Precautions.
- Must clear full background check and pass health screening.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree
- Minimum 3 years office management or similar experience preferred
- Full Time
- Monday – Thursday, 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- One Friday per month 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- $32,000 – $36,000 depending on experience and qualifications
- Medical, time off benefits
Interested candidates, please find application materials online at www.augustineclassical.org/employment. Please email email@example.com with any questions.