The Geneva School is looking for an experienced Orchestra Director/Choral Accompanist/Music Teacher with the ability to teach and direct 2nd - 12th grade students and to accompany a variety of choral settings on the piano. This is a full-time position.
Qualified candidates will:
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree with a major or minor in music education
- Have experience directing orchestral music programs
- Have experience playing piano for a variety of choral performances
- Be eager to work with the grade-level teams to plan instruction and integrate music into the student experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate well with parents
- Display a love for learning and a passion to cultivate that love in their students
- Agree with the school's statement of faith and attend and be in good standing with a Christian church.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3+ years teaching orchestral music in a variety of school settings
- Have experience teaching music in a Christian, classical school
- Have taught AP Music Theory
- Demonstrate an understanding of and skill in implementing classical curriculum and pedagogy, and seek to grow in his or her understanding of this tradition in order to re-imagine and embody the richest practices of Christian, liberal arts education.