Gravitas is a program within The Stony Brook School that exists to cultivate moral, intellectual, and aesthetic virtue in students around the world so that they may discover their calling, unlock their God-given potential, and bring about the healing and flourishing of their communities.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the country’s most prestigious Christian academic institutions as a member of a talented, entrepreneurial team. All candidates should have demonstrable Christian commitment and an educational philosophy that is consistent with The Stony Brook School’s mission statement.
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design or animation or a bachelor’s degree in another field plus professional training in graphic design or animation
- At least three years of teaching experience, including online instruction
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet grading and project deadlines
- Strong work ethic, high energy, and strong ability to connect with teenagers in the online context
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to respond quickly to all communications
- Eagerness to serve in a faith-based learning environment that emphasizes faithful Christian scholarship and character formation
- High proficiency with technology, including the ability to learn and utilize a learning management system, online software tools like the Adobe CC Suite, Formative, Turnitin, and the ability to create screencasts and videos.
- Consistent and dependable high speed internet access
- Experience working as part of a collaborative team of teachers, openness to providing and receiving feedback as part of a culture of transparency
- Ability to interact professionally with parents and school community members
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, as our students come from all over the world
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and lifelong learning
- Maturity and stability sufficient for a demanding position
- Create sequences of courses in graphic design and animation
- Provide synchronous and asynchronous instruction
- Grade student work
- Produce graphics and animations for other online courses in conjunction with the Multimedia Producer