Lake Pointe Academy is a missions-minded, evangelical protestant educational ministry which operates an independent Christian K/12 college prep academy.
More than a school, LPA has been a discipling and teaching community since 2005, operating upon three intertwined components:
- Christ-centered focus.
- Integral parent involvement (University Model)
- Classical approach to education.
In the University Model, secondary students attend classes three days per week, with supporting, independent assignments completed at home on other days.
Subjects for which we are now interviewing include:
- Formal Logic
- Latin (2nd & 3rd form)
- Spanish language
- Cross Country Coach
- General Science survey 7
- Physical Science 8
- Biology I (Honors)
- Biology II: Human Anatomy (Honors)
- Pre Algebra
Location Lake Wylie is near the SC/NC border, a suburb of both Charlotte, NC and Rock Hill, SC.
Compensation. Teachers are paid by the course, since some teach just one or two courses.
- Core courses meet on Mon./Wed./Fri. for one hour sessions.
- Each core course pays $3,000 per year for two 17 week semesters.
- The 2018/19 academic year runs from Aug. 06 to May 20, with two one week breaks each semester and three weeks off at Christmas.
- As ministers of the Gospel of Jesus, teachers must be able to articulate a salvation testimony, to agree with the academy's statement of faith, and be able to integrate biblical teaching from a Protestant perspective.
- Passion for Jesus, the subject area, and both students and families
- A bachelor’s degree is required, but we will consider applicable experience. No teaching certificate is required.
- Classroom teaching experience preferred, but will consider an alternately qualified candidate.
- For more detailed information, visit the academy web site under “employment”
- Email cover letter and resume to mailbox@LPA-SC.com