Compensation for this position is $10,000.00/year
The PE teacher will develop students into well-rounded individuals who understand that exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle through a thorough and encompassing curriculum. It is the expectation that all PE teachers and coaches provide instruction and leadership that will advance the mission and vision of Coram Deo Academy. Through implementation of the CDA Coaching Manual and Athletic Culture guide, we expect PE teachers and coaches to instill a culture of excellence that will help in preparing our student athletes for success both within and outside of athletics.
Monday/Wednesday: $5,000 stipend
Tuesday/Thursday: $5,000 stipend
7:45-12:45pm, duties include assisting with morning carline, PE, and lunch
Coram Deo Academy Statement of Faith
Coram Deo Academy hires individuals that profess the historic Christian faith. The Nicene Creed describes the minimum understanding of and subscription to Christian belief required of employees of the Academy. Every employee must also profess to be a Christian believer and subscribe to this statement. As evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their lives, Coram Deo Academy expects all employees to be actively involved in a local church where their faith in practice is consistent with the Academy’s statement of faith.
Essential Job Functions
Grammar School Physical Education Teacher:
Teaches essential knowledge and skills in:
Physical fitness/fundamentals of body movement/rhythms and dance
Individual, dual, or team sports
Instructs students in citizenship and good sportsmanship
Establishes and maintains standards of behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas
Works cooperatively with other teachers in planning a balanced program using the course of study adopted by CDA Athletics
Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student, to the extent feasible
Communicates with parents and school administration on student progress. Identifies needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems
Evaluates each student’s growth in physical skills, knowledge, and contribution in team sports. Prepares report cards and keeps appropriate records, including attendance and discipline reports.
Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the over-all safety of students
Maintains control of storage and use of school-owned property
Selects and requisitions equipment and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records
Models and implements nondiscriminatory practices in all activities
- Must possess and model a personal authentic relationship with Jesus Christ
- Ability to organize and supervise a sports program/team
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sports preferred
- Be dedicated to the historic Christian faith and the classical Christian approach
- Resonate with Coram Deo Academy’s mission, vision, core values and goals
- Exhibit the giftings and desire necessary to coach in his/her designated sport
- Prior playing/coaching experience in the assigned sport preferred
- Good role model
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Works in a highly challenging environment dealing with a wide variety of deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- Work in outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert heavy physical effort in heavy work, including climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials weighing 20 to 50 pounds.