River Hills Christian Academy
Pre-Kindergarten School Teacher
JOB DESCRIPTION - Essential Functions
The teacher shall:
- Reflect the purpose of the school, which is to honor Christ in every class and in every activity.
- Motivate students to accept God's gift of salvation and help them grow in their faith through their witness and Christian role modeling.
- Lead students to a realization of their self-worth in Christ.
- Cooperate with the Board and administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
- Know and comply with the minimum standards for child-care centers.
- Teach classes as assigned following prescribed scope and sequence as scheduled by the administrator.
- Integrate biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities.
- Keep proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises for a good learning environment.
- Maintain a clean, attractive, well-ordered classroom.
- Plan broadly through the use of semester and quarterly plans and objectives, and more currently through the use of daily and weekly lesson plans.
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students, challenging each to do his/her best work.
- Utilize Classical teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals within the framework of the school's Classical, Christian philosophy.
- Employ a variety of instructional aids, methods, and materials that will provide for creative teaching to reach the whole child: spiritual, mental, physical, social, and emotional.
- Give individual attention to students and encourage children to communicate and express feelings in appropriate ways.
- Assess the learning of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Maintain regular and accurate attendance and progress records to meet the demands for a comprehensive knowledge of each student's progress.
- Keep students, parents, and the administration adequately informed of progress or deficiencies and give sufficient notice of failure.
- Recognize the need for good public relations. Represent the school in a favorable and professional manner to the school's constituency and the general public.
- Develop and maintain rapport with students, parents, and staff by treating others with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
- Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with conflict with students, parents, staff, and administration.
- Seek the counsel of the administrator, colleagues, and parents while maintaining a teachable attitude.
- Attend and participate in scheduled devotional, in-service, retreats, committee, faculty, and school activities.
- Know the procedures for dealing with issues of an emergency nature.
- Inform the administration in a timely manner if unable to fulfill any duty assigned.
- Prepare adequate information and materials for a substitute teacher.
JOB DESCRIPTION- Supplemental Functions
The teacher shall:
- Supervise extracurricular activities, organizations, and outings as assigned.
- Utilize educational opportunities and evaluation processes for professional growth.
- Provide input and constructive recommendations for administrative and managerial functions in the school.
- Support the broader program of the school by attending extracurricular activities when possible.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the administration.