Job Title*: Preschool / Pre-K Teacher (part-time, half-day)
Position Type: (Exempt or Non-Exempt): Exempt, Part-time (0.3 FTE minimum)
Reports to: Preschool Division Head
Closing Date: When Filled
Start Date: August 1, 2023
Pay Range: $16,200 - $41,000 Dependent on Experience and FTE
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Professional Development
Location: Redmond, WA
Application: Accepted at http://www.tbcs.org/employment
Do you find reward in investing a piece of yourself into something bigger with an everlasting impact? Do you enjoy being part of a community united in a common goal? Do you enjoy making a difference in the lives of students directly in the classroom or through a supporting role? Read on to find out more about our amazing school!
The Bear Creek School is currently seeking to add a member to our Preschool team! This individual supports the mission of Bear Creek through serving the students and teachers of Bear Creek. The Preschool Teacher is responsible for instructing our earliest learners to promote a student culture of lifelong learning.
As a member of The Bear Creek School, you belong to a vibrant preschool - grade 12 community fully committed to the mission of our school: to provide a high-quality, Christian liberal arts education in a nurturing environment that will enable each student to become the individual God intends.
Why you should work at The Bear Creek School.
Bear Creek is a vibrant community of faculty and staff committed to the mission, offering many ways for students and adults to learn, play, and serve together in an inclusive, caring environment.
At The Bear Creek School, a Christian classical education serves as a powerful framework for teaching and inspiring students. You support the mission of Bear Creek by instructing students in the classroom through inspirational teaching and sound instruction.
We are seeking an individual who…
- Approach classroom instruction and student interactions from a Christian Worldview
- Collaborate with grade level teams and department members to plan and implement the school’s classical curriculum
- Actively ensure academic growth in every student by utilizing a variety of instructional techniques
- Build partnership with parents through proactive communication
- Create a predictable and supportive classroom environment
- Increase professional knowledge by participating in professional development opportunities
- Prepare daily and weekly lesson plans to help students meet the learning goals
- Follow through on routine job responsibilities including grading, record keeping, attendance, and lesson planning
- Participate in collaborative evaluation processes with division head and VP for Academic Affairs
- Attend weekly faculty meetings
- Attend school events outside regular school hours including, but not limited to: Parent/teacher conferences, curriculum night, arts performances, student socials, open houses, & professional development sessions
- Keep classroom neat and pleasant in appearance
The successful individual in this position will:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Take initiative
- Can execute things independently when needed and work cooperatively with a team regularly
Required Experience and Education.
- BA degree preferably in Early Childhood Education
- AA with equivalent experience may be considered
- Currently held CPR/AED/First Aid Certification (with Epinephrine Auto Injector supplement included), or arrangements made to obtain certification within 90 days of employment start date
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorship is available for this position
It's more than a Job. As a part of our community, you also need to:
- Positively support the school’s policies and practices and work collaboratively in a professional organization
- Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
- Able to use strong written and oral communication skills to transfer thoughts and express ideas
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
- Maintain confidentiality and security of information
- Hold self and others accountable to accomplish results
- Effective in handling multiple concurrent tasks
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Outlook, ability to learn and work with the school’s integrated data-based software package as needed
- Adhere to biblical standards in all areas of conduct
You must meet the following physical requirements.
- Requires standing for long periods of time
- Able to make visual and auditory evaluation of student work and performance
To apply or view all jobs at The Bear Creek School go to https://www.tbcs.org/employment.
The Bear Creek School is an equal opportunity employer. All employees of The Bear Creek School must agree to carry out their responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Bear Creek School’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Employee Handbook, and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Biblical standards.
Offers of employment are contingent on the successful outcome a criminal background check.
The above job posting is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of all jobs at The Bear Creek School.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who cannot perform the essential functions of the position, even with reasonable accommodations, or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees and students.