Veritas Classical Academy, a K-12 Classical, Christian School in Southern California, is seeking a passionate and qualified Principal for the Online International Programs to manage school online program operations and provide strong leadership for our online teachers. The mission of Veritas is to provide a distinctly Christian education using a classical model integrated with a Biblical worldview. The ideal candidate will be active in the Christian community and make themselves available for consultations with parents and teachers to help each student in the Online International Programs succeeds. The principal will ensure that every teacher and student has the resources needed to meet the school's educational goals. Veritas employees support and pursue its mission by modeling exemplary behavior, kindness, and patience in their interactions with faculty, staff, students, and the community.
Qualifications: Ideal applicants are mature in their Christian faith, personally and professionally, and desire to continually grow in their relationships with Jesus Christ. They must fully support and abide by the school’s Statement of Faith, possess a passion for and exhibit academic strength in their fields, demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning, and exude a love for children. Furthermore, applicants should have a background demonstrating a commitment to classical, Christian education either through college coursework, experience, or other disciplines compatible with classical, Christian curriculum.
- Strong in Christian faith
- Educational leadership experience
- Experience in classical education
- Experience teaching in a Christian school
- Competent in online education
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Example of duties:
- Uphold the educational policies of Veritas Classical Academy
- Shape the vision of academic success for all students
- Ensure the consistency of instructional goals between on-campus and online programs
- Oversee teacher performance and assist teachers in strategies to support student learning and improve their understanding of the material better
- Respond in a timely manner to teacher, staff, parent, and student concerns
- Ensure that teachers have what they need to effectively prepare students for the next level of education
This is a full-time contract position, working in office on campus Monday-Friday from 7:50am-4:30pm, 48 weeks.
This position reports directly to the Headmaster.
The salary is approximately $53,000 annually, depending on experience and qualifications.