At Founders Classical Academies we promote a two thousand-year-old liberal arts and sciences tradition. Our school is classical, but it is also, in a manner of speaking, cutting edge. In fact, we promote the somewhat countercultural notion that students are made for, and should be educated for, much more than jobs and careers. We view students for who and what they are, dignified human beings endowed with natural rights and gifts. With this in mind, we have a tremendous responsibility to help parents cultivate students and their gifts so they can live good and happy lives in a state of liberty. This is the essence of a liberal arts education
- A High School Diploma and 48 hours of higher education
- An Associate’s degree or above
- 6+ months experience working for Public or Private School.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Passion for children.
- Ability and patience to work interactively with children.
- Basic knowledge of federal and state education laws.
- Computer literate.
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to learn and implement teaching curriculum software programs and instruct students on utilization.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Planning and preparing lessons in relation to individual pupils' needs
- Acquiring appropriate teaching materials and resources
- Teaching music theory, aural skills and practical techniques to pupils
- Motivating pupils and encouraging progress
- Liaising with academic staff and parents
- Assessing pupils’ abilities, providing feedback and writing reports
- Arranging recitals and concerts for pupils' families and friends
- Perform special projects, during and after normal business hours, and other duties as assigned.
- Travel as required.
All equipment required to perform jobs duties and task previously described.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.