Job Title: Reading Specialist/Literacy Coach
Reports to: Head of Elementary School
Duty Days: Monday - Friday
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Hours: 7:15 am - 3:45 pm
Provide effective reading intervention to K-4 students. Provide leadership to teachers in
reading instruction as well as RTI reading interventions at all TIERED levels. Assist teachers in
utilizing effective reading practices within the classroom setting. Provide at-risk, 504, and
special education students with learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill
their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Develop or modify
reading curricula and prepare lessons and other instructional materials according to student
ability levels. Work in itinerant capacity as assigned.
● Education/Certification Bachelor’s Degree required
● Minimum of 3 years teaching experience in reading to K-4student
● Texas Teacher certification
● Extensive knowledge and experience working with students who have reading
● Leadership ability and experience in providing staff development in the areas of
reading instruction and reading interventions
● Thorough understanding of reading research and strategies
● Ability to share expertise with peers
● Strong oral and written communication skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
● Deliver exemplary small group reading instruction to at-risk, 504, and Special
● Coordinate with other involved school personnel in planning and providing reading
instruction for students.
● Complete the required trainings to support core Tier 1 products on the TEA approved list
● Provide job-embedded coaching and feedback supports to teachers implementing
approved core products
● Provide staff development and coaching to campus personnel on reading strategies
● Keep accurate and complete records including student monitoring forms, and status
reports for identified students as required.
● Act as the liaison to building personnel in interpreting educational policies, procedures,
and guidelines concerning struggling readers
● Participate with teachers, parent(s), campus administrators, and district coordinator in
determining qualification for 504 or special education services
● Attend district and campus meetings involving reading programs and
● Attend training in methods and strategies that improve reading skills
● Assist in documenting student progress and monitoring students in the dyslexia
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● Establish and maintain open lines of communication by conducting conferences with
parents, students, principals, and teachers.
● Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community
● Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
● Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
● Keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district, and school regulations and
policies for 504 and special education teachers.
● Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other
documents as required.
● Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on committees as required.
Aristoi Classical Academy is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or ability. This job description summary
does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. This job description is subject to change in
response to funding variables, emerging technologies, improved operating procedures, productivity
factors, and unforeseen events.