Augustine Classical Academy (ACA), by partnering with families, exists to provide an education that is both classical and Christian; to equip students to know, love, and practice what is true, virtuous, and beautiful; and to challenge them to strive for excellence as they live for the glory of God and for the good of all people.
General Position Description
The Science / Math teacher provides teaching in one or more science or math courses to the junior high and/or high school grades. The teacher has a high level of interest, knowledge, and experience in relevant subjects, and communicates that knowledge effectively at a high level. The teacher has a clear understanding of math / science grade-level standards and communicates the content of each subject effectively based on its incremental nature. The Instructor is neat, organized, detail-oriented, and adheres to deadlines. The applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
This Position Reports to the Academic Dean or Department Head.
- Provide science / math instruction in one or more of the following areas: earth science, physical science, biology, chemistry, physics; and / or, prealgebra, algebra, and precalculus.
- Divide lesson time effectively between effective lectures and demonstrations, and allow sufficient time for in-class drills and homework assignments.
- Provide additional strategies and resources for struggling students; provide additional resources for gifted students.
- Work effectively with direction from the Academic Dean, Curriculum Director, and/or department heads; contribute to the research and development of potential honors and AP math courses.
- Maintain discipline, order, and joy in the classroom at all times.
- Maintain up-to-date quarterly plans or lesson plans, as directed by the Academic Dean or department head.
- Grade and return all student work within one week of its original submission.
- Maintain a clean and orderly classroom at all times.
- Participate in various weekly non-academic duties as assigned by the Head of School.
- Participate in ACA’s Master Teacher Development program or other required staff development; attend all weekly and monthly staff development meetings.
- Participate in all relevant staff discussions, contributing opinions as appropriate, and submitting willingly to any annual or mid-year changes as identified by ACA administration.
- Lead by example; model school values and desired culture; maintain visibility in the workforce.
- Participate in special events throughout the year.
- Serve in other duties as identified by the Head of School.
Additional Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills Required
- A love for families and a desire to serve them through excellent work and communication.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and regular initiative.
- Supervision of children by sight and sound.
- The ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and alone
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must clear full background check.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with major area of study in related field; or other Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years experience work in related field preferred.
- Full or part time
- $7500 – $42,000 depending on experience and qualifications, and course load
- Medical benefits for full-time employees, time off benefits