Veritas Classical Academy, a JK-12 Classical, Christian School in Southern California, is hiring a full-time teacher. We are seeking engaging and talented Latin Teacher for Fullerton (California) Campus & Online Program for the 2022-2023 school year. The mission of Veritas is to provide a distinctly Christian education using a classical model integrated with a Biblical worldview.
Ideal applicants are mature in their Christian faith, personally and professionally, and desire to continually grow in their relationships with Jesus Christ. They must fully support and abide by the school’s Statement of Faith, possess a passion for and exhibit academic strength in their fields, demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning, and exude a love for children. Furthermore, applicants should have a background demonstrating a commitment to classical, Christian education either through college coursework, experience, or other disciplines compatible with classical, Christian curriculum.
Bachelor and/or graduate degrees in education and/or subject-related areas are preferred. Teaching experience online and in Christian/classical schools are highly desired. Must be able to teach up to AP Latin.
The teacher’s specific role is to train the students with a balance between the rigor of Latin grammar and the joy of Latin culture, history, and literature. We prefer teachers who are familiar with Lingua Latina curriculum.
Teaching Job Description:
- Teach 3 Secondary Level Latins including AP Latin, 2 Online Latin classes, 1 Bible class
- Conducts oneself with Christ-honoring character, professionalism, and humility
- Demonstrates a passion for classical education and excellence in teaching
- Shares a contagious passion for their subject areas with their students by conducting stimulating discussion-based lectures
- Instructs clearly and provides timely feedback
- Fosters a nurturing in-person & online classroom culture of joyful learning and order
- Creates interactive learning opportunities
- Serves as a positive role model for students, parents, and the community
- Supports, invests and assists in the development of the students in reaching their full potential spiritually, academically and morally
- Assists in the creation, research, and improvement of curriculum to provide the best possible educational environment for all children regardless of their learning ability or learning style
- Reviews completed home assignments, assesses areas in need of improvement, and ensures that students are on track
- Completes and coordinates quarterly assessments as well as teacher parent conferences
- Encourages children to become increasingly independent in their learning, to become self-motivated and engaged life-long learners
- Communicates regularly with families regarding student learning
The academic year begins in August 2022 and ends in May 2023.
3 Latin classes and 1 Bible class are are held during regular school day and 2 Latin classes are held during the evening time. Availability must match the schedule. Classes are held 3 or 4 times a week.
This position reports directly to the Headmaster.
To apply, please send your letter of interest and resume to Dr. David Kim at