Clapham School is seeking an instructor to teach French in the Secondary School
(Levels 1 – Advanced French). Clapham School’s mission is to “inspire students with an
education founded on a Christian worldview, informed by the classical tradition, and
approached with diligence and joy.” Therefore, candidates must be willing to teach
French in a way that is inspiring, genuinely Christian, and distinctly classical. Classroom
instruction should guide students in an approach to work characterized by joyful
discovery and diligent attention to the disciplines of effective language learning.
The strongest candidates will have:
• A bachelor’s degree or higher in French or French education, and/or native
speaker proficiency in French.
• Background experience in teaching French, ideally with experience in classical
education or Charlotte Mason’s philosophy of education.
• High competence in training students in the arts of language, with attention to
both spoken and written communication skills.
• Eagerness to contribute to aspects of school life and student culture with a spirit
of service and a dedication to discipleship.
• Ability to interact professionally and cooperatively with parents and members of
the school community.
• A commitment to learning the school’s unique philosophy of education and
applying it to foreign language instruction.
• Demonstrated Christian maturity and involvement in a local church.
In addition to fulfilling normal teaching responsibilities, we are looking for a candidate
who is eager to learn from and interact with other language teachers (Spanish, Latin,
Greek) and who would aim to build a thriving French program in a way that is
consistent with our unique pedagogy. To read more about our school and philosophy of
education, please see our website (www.claphamschool.org).
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to the Principal, Kolby