Coventry Christian Schools, a K-12 classical Christian school located in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, is seeking a dynamic, advanced Science Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year. The school, in its fifth year of continued growth, is situate on a 13.2 acre campus and borders a 28 acre township park. CCS is in the midst of a building project which will add an additional 6,400 square feet of educational space to better serve our students and families, which includes STEM labs. CCS seeks to develop young men and women to love the Lord with their minds and hearts, to understand and appreciate the unity of the world in which the student lives, and to see the interconnectedness of all facets of knowledge. For a profile of a CCS graduate, please click here. http://www.coventrychristian.com/sat--college-information
This position is a full-time teaching position for the academic year. The role includes teaching science courses within our secondary program in conjunction with existing science faculty. Courses will include biology, chemistry, physics, and life-science. The candidate will be expected to work with students on events like science fair. Salary range is $30,000 - $36,000 per year, commensurate with education and experience.
Job requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to sign and affirm the school's statement of faith.
- Active membership in a Bible-believing Christian church.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or appropriate field of study for science instruction. Master’s preferred.
- An understanding and appreciation for the classical Christian model of education and the place of the sciences within such a curriculum.
- Experience teaching middle and/or high school students
- Dynamic and engaging personality
- A desire to see students grow and flourish, not just academically, but in all of life.
- Comfort and skill using technology.
- Be willing and able to engage in the community life of the school and attend certain extracurricular activities.
Contract Term: Full-time Monday-Friday, 35+ hours per week; additional hours as required.
Start Date: Immediate
Reports to: Head of Schools and Secondary Academic Dean
To apply, please forward a resume and cover letter discussing your desire to serve in this role to Anthony G. Urti, Secondary Academic Dean, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org