- Evidence of a mature and vibrant personal Christian faith consistent with the Caldwell Academy Statement of Faith.
- Evidence of an understanding of and a commitment to classical methodology and the mission of Caldwell Academy.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree. An emphasis in the area of instruction or a related area is preferred. (Master’s degree desired).
- Three years of teaching experience is preferred.
- Evidence of strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and technological skills.
The ideal candidate will:
- Teach two sections of 9th grade Spanish I
- Willingness to build a positive and enthusiastic culture in the Rhetoric school through regular interaction with students in homeroom, clubs, forum and/or other assigned programs or activities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject area/s taught.
- Demonstrate knowledge of development characteristics of age group taught.
- Effectively incorporate the tools of learning (reading, writing, speaking, listening, thinking) in lessons.
- Demonstrate ability to inspire learning and cultivate relationships with students.
- Prepare appropriate weekly lesson plans as designated by the supervisor.
- Incorporate classroom technology in order to enhance instruction.
- Implement effective classroom management and discipline procedures to provide for a positive classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Regularly review/update department and course curriculum guide/maps to assure the fulfillment of proper instructional priorities and pacing.
- Model effective teacher/parent partnering through timely communication with parents in support of student learning. This includes posting assignments, grades, conferencing, etc.
Personal and Professional Profile:
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a born-again Christian exhibiting a close personal walk with Christ; modeling an exemplary character and demonstrating maturity in the understanding and integration of sound biblical principles in classroom instruction.
- Demonstrate a teachable spirit and general willingness to learn and grow as a teacher and as a person.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate adeptness at problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate emotional maturity and stability in dealing with the challenges of life and school.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality pertaining to school matters.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Possess strong computer skills and familiarity with appropriate learning technology and/or demonstrate a willingness to learn new technology skills.
- Have the ability to present a positive image of the school to others and to the community.
Mission Statement: The mission of Caldwell Academy is to assist parents from a Biblical perspective in the instruction of their child by providing a classical and Christian education.