Trinity Classical Academy seeks candidates for a full-time Special Education Teacher. The individual will teach using mediated learning strategies in a modified academic environment. Teaches academic subjects and approaches daily activities from a Christian Worldview.
The Mission of Trinity Classical Academy is to offer a challenging education grounded in the Christian faith and the Classical tradition to produce young men and women of virtue, wisdom, purpose, and courage.
QUALIFYING CHARACTERISTICS: The employee is a Christian with an authentic and a mature personal relationship with Jesus Christ in both their professional and personal life with a calling and commitment to Christian education. Qualified candidates will possess a servant’s heart, support our School’s Mission and possess the ability to deal with sensitive issues in a tactful and professional manner, while exercising confidentiality, good judgment and discernment.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally, any combination of education that would provide the required knowledge and skills for successful performance would qualify. A typical method of demonstrating these requirements would be:
EDUCATION: A bachelor’s degree in education and a teaching credential in special education. Specialized training in social thinking, academic remediation, behavioral analysis, or educational therapy a plus
EXPERIENCE: Previous teaching experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate students’ skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans in both self-contained and mainstream settings
- Attend professional trainings as required
- Take academic and behavioral data and administer evaluations
- Research curriculum and instructional strategies and collaborate with other teachers and administration
- Develop behavior plans in conjunction with administration, family and outside professionals
- Modify curriculum at multiple learning levels to maximize student learning in whole class and small group settings
- Occasionally accompany students to off campus school activities such as concerts or student social events to provide successful support and inclusion
- Supervise students on and off campus and develop engaging student learning opportunities within the community
- Maintain consistent and positive communication with families
- Supervise and mentor paraprofessionals assigned to the classroom
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty, and students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
- Demonstrate the ability to establish encouraging and appropriate relationships with students
- Must be a flexible thinker, able to make sound decisions
- Positive, energetic, team player
- Punctual and reliable
- Familiarity with special education and Christian worldview integration preferred/a plus.
- A strong commitment to the emphasis and philosophy of Trinity Classical Academy
- Positive support of the school's policies and practices
- Service oriented and able to interface with many people
- Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
- Multitasking in an environment with many distractions is a must
- Must successfully pass a background investigation