Student Information and Records Specialist – FULL-TIME
The Student Information and Records Specialist at Northwest Classical Academy will be responsible for maintaining student education records at the school level, as well as performing related duties to support master scheduling, and maintaining an automated student information system.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintain physical and computerized records including student cumulative folders, progress reports, class rosters, schedule changes, and grade books.
• Process new student records, including requesting transcripts and records from other schools, setting up cumulative folders, and entering student data into appropriate databases.
• Coordinate grading/report card process, including verification and correction of grades, and printing and distribution of report cards.
• Calculate grade point averages, determine valedictorian/salutatorian designations, and prepare honor rolls.
• Audit a variety of programs and processes (e.g. certify students for graduation,) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established policies, procedures and/or education codes.
• Process and transmit requests for student information, including student transcripts for colleges and universities.
• Prepare Georgia High School Association (GHSA) eligibility lists.
• Assist enrollment coordinator with the enrollment, withdrawals, and transfer of students and process applicable records.
• Assist campus administration and other staff with the preparation of reports and student data information.
• Support primary testing coordinator to administer all standardized testing throughout the school year as needed.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written), and have experience interacting with the administrative offices of Atlanta Public Schools, State Charter Schools Commission, or the Georgia Department of Education. Data entry experience with PowerSchool or Infinite Campus is preferred, but not required.
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
• the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
• community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
• excellence in teaching and learning;
• the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Northwest Classical Academy:
Northwest Classical Academy (NCA) is a new, public charter school located in Kennesaw for grades K-6 for the 2021-2022 school year with plans to expand a grade level each year until it is K-12. All Georgia families are eligible to apply; the school is tuition-free and no entrance testing is required.
Northwest Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site. Candidates must attach a letter of introduction, a C.V. or resume, and three character references to their application. For staff positions, please also attach a 300-500 word answer to how your work will contribute to fulfilling the school’s mission. For faculty positions, please attach a 300-500 word “statement of educational philosophy.”
Northwest Classical Academy | 3010 Cobb Parkway N.W., Kennesaw, GA 30152| NWClassical.org