Title: Systems Administrator
Overview: The Systems Administrator shall be a born-again college graduate who feels called by God to use his/her technological gifts within a Christian school. Other qualifications may be added by the Head of School as deemed appropriate.
Reports to: Chief Business Officer (CBO)
Evaluation: The Systems Administrator performance will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of professional personnel and this job description.
In alignment with our school's mission, the Systems Administrator will use his/her skills to maintain and administer the IT and audio/visual infrastructure at Veritas. The System Administrator's responsibilities include troubleshooting issues as well as ensuring that all IT operations run with optimal performance and security. The Systems Administrator should have an excellent ability to solve problems using his/her in-depth understanding of information systems and computing solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, hardware, and audio/visual equipment.
- Be present during events and gatherings to set up and run AV.
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within the Veritas school system.
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights.
- Nurture dependable IT infrastructure and networking that’s always up and running.
- Partner with internal and external partners to communicate project status, activities, and achievements.
- Assist in troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and provision of technical support when needed.
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups.
- Replace and upgrade defective or outdated components when necessary.
Required Personal Qualities
- Have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior and believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living.
- Be in whole-hearted agreement with Veritas Academy’s Statements on Faith, Life, and Conduct.
- Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and action toward others (Luke 6:40). This includes being committed to God’s biblical standards for sexual conduct.
- Be a Christian who is, and will remain during the period of employment, an active member of a Christ-centered church, growing in his/her Christian relationship with God, and actively practicing and exhibiting Christian principles of the Christian faith.
- Be spiritually mature and consistently maintain a daily devotional and prayer life.
- Recognize the role of parents as primarily responsible before God for their children’s education and be prepared to assist them in that task.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent troubleshooting skills. Ability to narrow down the cause of a problem and determine a solution.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Patient and professional demeanor, with a can-do attitude.
- Proven ability to work effectively with vendors and consultants.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
- 3+ years progressive experience in information technology.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field.
- 5+ years progressive experience in information technology.
- Take CPR and first aid training and be willing and able to render such aid when necessary.
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours; frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling; occasional lifting up to 50 pounds; prolonged use of computer and repetitive hand motions.
The purpose of this job description is to describe the basic function, major responsibilities/tasks, and essential functions of each job so that employees can better know what is expected of them. The descriptions also provide information useful for recruiting, training, and performance appraisal. This document does not create an employment contract, nor does it modify the at-will employment status of any employee. This job description is not meant to inhibit employee creativity or innovation. It may be revised when necessary.
Veritas Academy has a racially nondiscriminatory employment policy. Veritas Academy does not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin.