Ascent Classical Academy (ACA) is seeking a Teacher’s Aides to join the team at our Douglas County campus, starting in the 2019-2020 academic year. Ascent Classical Academy Douglas County is a K-12 charter school offering a classical program that focuses on a content-rich curriculum and the development of good moral character and virtue among our students and community. ACA schools partner with the Barney Charter School Initiative (BCSI) at Hillsdale College to support the academic program and good conduct of our schools. The Douglas County Campus will be located in Lone Tree, Colorado this next school year and will enroll approximately 590 students.
Teacher’s Aides are accountable to the Assistant Principal.
A Teacher’s Aide supports the educational program in the classroom but does not represent the school in any official capacity. He or she may teach the students at the direction of the classroom teacher or Principal, and report to the school's Assistant Principal. All teachers’ aides shall:
- Support and supplement the educational program in the classroom, under a teachers’ direction
- Research and gather resources and materials need for lessons.
- Contribute to the moral and intellectual environment of the school
- Work effectively with faculty and other staff as a team to improve the teacher’s instruction
Minimum Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated competence in reading, writing, and math
Desired Job Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree