Job Title: Upper School Art Teacher (part-time or full-time)
Department: Upper School
Reports to: Upper School Principal
Pay range: $50,000- $90,000 (Depending on Experience)
The Cambridge School is a flourishing Junior Kindergarten through 12th grade classical Christian school in the San Diego region. Teaching children to think and reason, The Cambridge School is equipping students to know, love, and practice that which is true, good, and beautiful and is preparing them to live purposefully and intelligently in service of God and neighbor. To learn more about The Cambridge School, visit us at www.cambridgeclassical.org.
We have an opening for an art teacher who desires to become part of a growing, learning, and vibrant classical Christian school culture. The Art teacher will teach the fundamentals, elements, principles of design, appreciation, and history of art at developmentally appropriate levels. The art teacher will participate in enriching the learning experience through exposure to great artists and artworks, and help students to find the true, good and beautiful in art. Successful candidates will wholeheartedly agree with our school’s Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision, and will serve as a positive influence within the culture and community of the school. Ideal candidates will have experience with art and working with children in a classroom environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Art Education or related field
- Experience in the classroom preferred
- Passionate about art, ability to share that passion with students
- Ability to integrate a Christian worldview into teaching and caring for students
- Good communication skills
- Flexible with growth mindset
- Teach two sections of Art I (9th grade, total of 320 minutes/week), one section of Advanced Art (160 minutes/week), and one section of Mixed Media Art (80 minutes/ week).
- Lesson planning and assessment aligning to Cambridge School protocols.
- Coordinate student submissions and displays at our yearly Art Showcase.
- Additional duties may be added to complete a full-time position, such as Upper School Administrative Help, Study Hall Monitor, or On-Call Substitute.
- The position begins July 1, 2023 and is an appointment for the 2023-24 school year.
If you are interested in pursuing this unique opportunity, please send a letter of interest and résumé to email@example.com.