DEPARTMENT: UPPER SCHOOL
REPORTS TO: Principal of Upper School
DIRECT REPORTS: None
SUMMARY: Trinity Classical Academy seeks candidates for a Humanities teaching position in its Upper School (7th-12th). Qualified candidates will be models in their lives and abilities of what they teach. They will demonstrate a commitment to improving their craft as a teacher, and to stewarding our school’s culture and academic program.
The Mission of Trinity Classical Academy is to offer a challenging education grounded in the Christian faith and the Classical tradition to produce young men and women of virtue, wisdom, purpose, and courage.
QUALIFYING CHARACTERISTICS: The employee is a Christian with an authentic and a mature personal relationship with Jesus Christ in both their professional and personal life with a calling and commitment to Christian education. Qualified candidates will possess a servant’s heart, support our School’s Mission and possess the ability to deal with sensitive issues in a tactful and professional manner, while exercising confidentiality, good judgment and discernment.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION: At least a bachelor’s degree in a field of the Humanities.
EXPERIENCE: Previous teaching experience is preferred.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experienced in and committed to classical pedagogy
- Well-read and conversant in the Western canon
- Substantial knowledge of the Trivium
- Competence in individual Humanities disciplines (History, Literature, Rhetoric, and Bible)
- The ability to integrate knowledge, skills, and methods across disciplines as part of a holistic education
- The ability to foster and guide student-led dialectical discussions
- Excellent oral and written command of the English language
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty, and students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
- Competence in educational technology (Word processing, online management software, etc.)
- Ability to compose, proofread and edit correspondence
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with classical pedagogy and Christian worldview integration.
- A strong commitment to the emphasis and philosophy of Trinity Classical Academy
- Positive support of the school's policies and practices
- Service oriented and able to interface with many people
- Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
- Multitasking in an environment with many distractions is a must
- Must successfully pass a background investigation
- Working Environment: indoors in a comfortable temperature-controlled classroom environment and is typically free from dust and hazardous materials. Generally works in a group environment; noise level is typically low with the exception of times between class periods.
- Requires standing for long periods of time; will include frequent walking and sitting
- Able to make visual and auditory evaluation of student work and performance
- Physical Demands: Must be able to sit for extended period of time, repetitious hand and body movements, simple grasping, fine and gross motor skills. Stand and walk when administering care. Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, push, pull and lift up to 20 pounds. Must be able to climb one flight of stairs.
- Mental Demands: Ability to work well under pressure; ability to maintain a level of professionalism and clam when others are behaving inappropriately;
- Use of computer/monitor screen; projector and other classroom equipment;
- Travel: Travel will be required for local field trips
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt Salary
WORK SCHEDULE: School Calendar: Monday – Friday, 7:20 a.m. – 2:55 p.m. or as needed beyond these hours.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. The job description may be updated or amended at the discretion of Administration from time to time.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with qualified disabilities.
Trinity Classical Academy is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: race; color; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.