Providence Classical Academy, a Christ-centered, classical, college preparatory school located in the Shreveport/Bossier City area of Louisiana, seeks a Latin instructor. This instructor would be a chair our Language/Classics department and would teach Latin to Upper School students (7th and up).
Candidates must possess competency with the Latin language and at least 12 hours of Latin credit. A love for Christ, for students, and for learning/teaching (especially in the Classical tradition), with a heart for discipleship are essential qualities for fulfilling this role. Please send all inquiries for this full time position to email@example.com.
Qualified candidates will:
- possess a 4 year college degree with at least 12 hours of college Latin credit
- have a love for Latin
- be a committed disciple of Jesus with the ability to sign on to our statement of faith
- be eager to collaborate with fellow faculty on curriculum
- demonstrate the ability to communicate well with parents
- display a love for learning and a passion to cultivate that love in their students
The ideal candidate will:
- hold at least a bachelor’s degree in Latin or classical languages (at least 12 hours of college Latin credit may suffice)
- preferably have 2+ years of experience teaching Latin with a strong grounding in Greco-Roman history and literature
- understand that Latin is a vital part of a liberal arts education, demonstrate an understanding of and skill in implementing classical curriculum and pedagogy, and seek to grow in his or her understanding of this tradition in order to re-imagine and embody the richest practices of Christian, liberal arts education
- demonstrate substantial knowledge of the Scriptures