Teaching-Alg 1 &2, geometry, pre-calc, statistics
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least one year of experience within a culturally diverse workplace or ministry desired
- Experience within a classical Christian school desired
- State-level teacher certification preferred
- Commitment to helping Logos Academy be a vibrant learning community, committed to our 5C’s: Christ-centered, culturally diverse, community-minded, classically trained and collaborative family partnerships.
- Effective interpersonal communication, organizational skills, independent project management, and ability to problem-solve in challenging situations with professionalism, enthusiasm, and flexibility.
- Clear desire for ongoing development as a teacher within a school committed to these values
- Clear characteristics of a lifelong learner: humble, curious, contemplative, and joyful with strong reading habits and appreciation for the visual and performing arts
Logos Academy is an accredited, independent school, and a nationally recognized, innovative leader in offering a unique brand of transformative urban education. Located within one of PA’s lowest performing public school districts, Logos Academy has sustained success in closing the achievement gap that is so often seen nationally for students in poverty. Producing noteworthy results, 2018 graduates of Logos Academy scored the highest SAT averages across two counties when compared to most recently published results for public schools. Missionally committed to remaining extremely affordable for families, Logos Academy offers substantial student scholarships, bringing the average tuition down to less than $2,000 per student. Logos Academy earned Middle States Accreditation (MSA) in the spring of 2017. In the oral report, the MSA visiting team said, “Many schools claim to change lives; clearly Logos Academy does change lives.” Our leadership is consistently sought out to consult other schools on matters of leadership, governance, fundraising, trauma-informed practices, and a variety of other school matters.
Mission Statement-Logos Academy, an urban, Kingdom school grounded in the love of
Christ, educates for excellence, offers opportunity, and cultivates hope in our community.