Trinity Classical Academy seeks candidates for a full-time Upper School Mathematics Teacher. The Individual will teach using a Classical Christian Education model to implement an individualized, highly-academic, enriched curriculum. Teaches all subjects and approaches daily activities from a Christian Worldview.
The Mission of Trinity Classical Academy is to offer a challenging education grounded in the Christian faith and the Classical tradition to produce young men and women of virtue, wisdom, purpose, and courage.
QUALIFYING CHARACTERISTICS: The employee is a Christian with an authentic and a mature personal relationship with Jesus Christ in both their professional and personal life with a calling and commitment to Christian education. Qualified candidates will possess a servant’s heart, support our School’s Mission and possess the ability to deal with sensitive issues in a tactful and professional manner, while exercising confidentiality, good judgment and discernment.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally, any combination of education that would provide the required knowledge and skills for successful performance would qualify. A typical method of demonstrating these requirements would be:
EDUCATION: A bachelor’s degree in the specific content area and/or teaching credential preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Previous teaching experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach math classes as needed in the Upper School (7th-12th grades) ranging from Pre-Algebra through Calculus.
- Teach math technology calculators as appropriate in the curriculum
- Actively ensure academic growth in every student by utilizing a variety of instructional techniques
- Inform Upper School Principal and parents of student's academic or behavioral difficulties; work together as a team to plan and implement success strategies
- Keep accurate attendance records
- Complete progress and grade reports for each student in a timely manner using school guidelines
- Keep accurate and detailed records of each student's progress to substantiate reports
- Direct field trips as appropriate
- Participate in collaborative evaluation processes with Upper School Principal
- Collaborate with department chairs and faculty to develop and coordinate specific plans for implementing school curriculum and policy
- Increase professional knowledge by participating in professional development opportunities
- Attend weekly Faculty or departmental meetings
- Attend school events outside regular school hours, as outlined in the Teachers’ Employment Agreement, including, but not limited to student socials, open houses, and any other school group activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty, and students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
- Demonstrate the ability to establish good and appropriate relationships with students
- Familiarity with classical methodology and Christian worldview integration preferred/a plus.
- Must be willing to learn a classical approach to the subjects taught
- A strong commitment to the emphasis and philosophy of Trinity Classical Academy
- Positive support of the school's policies and practices
- Service oriented and able to interface with many people
- Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
- Multi-tasked in an environment with many distractions is a must
- Must successfully pass a background investigation