The Geneva School is looking for a middle/upper-school mathematics teacher with experience teaching pre-algebra, algebra I and II, and/or geometry courses. This is a full-time position.
Qualified candidates will:
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree in mathematics or mathematics education.
- Have experience teaching mathematics to 7-10th grade students including students who struggle with mathematics.
- Be eager to collaborate with fellow faculty on curriculum.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate well with parents.
- Display a love for learning and a passion to cultivate that love in their students.
- Agree with the school’s statement of faith, attend and be in good standing with a Christian church, and live a life of discipleship under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3+ years of experience teaching mathematics to 7th-12th grade students, including working with students who struggle with mathematics.
- Have experience teaching mathematics in the guided-discovery approach, such as the CPM educational program.
- Have an advanced degree in mathematics or mathematics education.
- Understand that mathematics is a vital part of a classical liberal arts education
- Demonstrate an understanding of and skill in implementing classical curriculum and pedagogy, and seek to grow in his/her understanding of this tradition in order to re-imagine and embody the richest practices of Christian, liberal arts education.