Upper School Part-time Photography Teacher
The Geneva School is a mission-driven school established in 1993. Our mission is to provide students in grades K4-12 an extraordinary education, by means of an integrated curriculum, pedagogy and culture, both distinctly classical and distinctively Christian, that pursues goodness, truth, and beauty in all spheres of life, while viewing these spheres as elements of divinely ordered whole. Further, Geneva seeks to instill in students a desire to love beauty, think deeply, and pursue Christ’s calling. As a mission-driven school, faculty members play a central role in fulfilling our mission.
The Geneva School is seeking applications for a part time photography teacher in our upper school. A qualified candidate will be an experienced academic or a photographer with advanced knowledge of digital photography, Photoshop and Lightroom.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Develop lesson plans from The Geneva School curriculum
- Enthusiastically and competently implement Geneva’s curriculum under the guidance of the Director of the Upper School, while bringing his or her intelligence, energy, and creativity to bear on the craft of teaching
- Evaluate student achievement appropriately
- Collaborate with fellow teachers and administration to further develop best practices as an educator in an independent school.
- Skillfully manage a classroom of young people with varying academic skills and learning styles.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, faculty and staff
- Committed to being a life-long learner as well as committed to growing professionally as an educator through Geneva’s professional formation initiatives.
- Follow Geneva’s policies and procedures
- Serve as a role model within our communities for Christian Classical Education
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Advanced knowledge of digital photography, lighting, strobes, Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Will understand fundamentally and support the Christian and classical approach to education practiced at The Geneva School.
- Embrace our statement of faith without material reservation, undertaking to speak, teach, and behave in accordance with its tenets at all times.
Candidates interested in applying for this position should submit a resume and cover letter at https://www.genevaschool.org/about-us/employment/.