Covenant Christian Academy is seeking a qualified secondary school professional in the area of science education: specifically Biology (9), AP Biology (12) and Anatomy and Physiology (12). The candidate for this position should hold, at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Science and have experience teaching science at the secondary school level. The candidate must have mastery of the field(s), the ability to flourish in our distinctly Christian and Classical model, and a passion for teaching science inductively through hands on labs and field work.
An Upper School faculty position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Plan and teach Biology, AP Biology and Anatomy and Physiology
- Manage and maintain science classroom and lab space and materials (including ordering materials for science labs).
- Plan and supervise field study or field trips where necessary to augment student learning and give them more hands on experience with the curriculum.
- Be available for weekly Upper School faculty meetings.
- Attend a limited number of specified school events as representative of the CCA Upper School faculty, including “Back to School Night,” Admissions Events and others.
- Be available during set hours each week to work with students individually for tutoring and/or coaching
- Serve as an advisor to a group of Rhetoric School students on a weekly basis.
- Demonstrate working knowledge and experience with computer technology and computer software for relevant educational applications.
- Must be willing to sign CCA’s Statement of Faith and Core Values. Must maintain the highest Christian virtue and personal decorum, serving as a Christian role model and mentor both in and out of school, to students, parents, fellow faculty members and employees in judgment, dignity, respect, and Christian living.
The Upper School Science Faculty position is a full time position with benefits.
Supplemental income from after-school programs and/or individual tutoring may be available.
Contract runs: late August 2022 through June 2023; teaching is on a 10 month cycle.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Contact Person: Tracy C. Bennett, Dean of Academics of the Upper School
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, professional resume, Christian faith statement, and philosophy of Christian education summary.
Submit requested materials to:
Tracy Bennett, Dean of Academics, Upper School of Logic and Rhetoric
Covenant Christian Academy
83 Pine Street, West Peabody, MA 01960
Position will remain open until filled. Candidate interviews will be scheduled following review of requested material. Position may be filled at anytime through the search process once a desired candidate has been identified.