Upper School Teaching Principal (Full time, begins July, 2021)
This school leader is called by God to come alongside WCA parents and upper school faculty and students to further develop a dynamic, Christ-centered, classical education for grades 7-12. While carrying a teaching schedule of two or three classes, the principal directly oversees the upper school faculty, working collaboratively to fulfill our mission and ensure the highest quality classical Christian educational experience for all students. We launched grade 9 in the 2015-16 school year and just celebrated our second high school graduating class in the spring of 2020. We currently have 71 students in grades 7-12 and expect to be over 100 in the next three years. This leader will be instrumental in shaping the future in collaboration with the faculty and school community. Leading with humility, winsomeness, and joy, the Upper School principal’s basic responsibilities include:
- Display spiritual maturity that exudes a confidence in Christ as Lord and Savior who created us with a purpose.
- Embrace the spiritual dimensions of a vibrant Christian culture that is represented by nearly 50 churches.
- Champion a culture that establishes strong character foundations.
- Foster a faculty culture that emits a true sense of advocacy for each student.
- Model and promote excellence in classical and Christian pedagogy.
- Give spiritual guidance as needed to students using God’s Word and the model of Shepherding a Child’s Heart.
- Lead, in conjunction with the director of curriculum, the Upper School faculty in their professional growth and in daily responsibilities.
- Provide operational oversight to best ensure the health, safety, and well-being of upper school students.
- Spiritually mature Christian in agreement with our statement of faith and with a joyous love for teens. Meets same qualifications given for church leadership as given in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Teaching experience in a classical school, demonstrating a depth of understanding in the subject matter and an ability to lead young people toward wisdom and passion in their relationship with the Lord. We look for a strong academic mind with a youth pastor’s heart.
- Master’s degree or doctorate preferred.
- Excellent people skills and communication skills both oral and written; an excellent listener.
- Professional demeanor with demonstrated ability to lead others with humility and conviction.
- Organized and self-disciplined.
- Personal enthusiasm, optimism, and sense of humor.
To express interest and receive a full job description, email cover letter and resume to:
Jim Whiteman, Headmaster email@example.com
As a PreK – 12 Classical and Christian school in suburban Cleveland, WCA is committed to quality instruction through the lens of a Biblical worldview in a nurturing environment. We use classical methodology that includes grammar, Latin, logic, rhetoric and daily instruction from God's Word. WCA is a family-oriented community, united by the bond of being Christ followers who desire our children to grow in godly character with a zeal for learning. To learn more, explore our website at www.WestsideAcademy.org