Job Title: Vice President of Advancement
Reports to: President
Status: Full-time, Year-Round Position; Two Weeks off in Summer + School Breaks
Evaluation: Vice President of Advancement will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of professional personnel and this job description.
The Vice President of Advancement is a strategic position at Providence Academy and is a part of the President’s Administrative Leadership Team. This position is responsible for ensuring the advancement aspects of the school, especially Fund Development, Marketing, the Alumni Association, and Enrollment/Admissions, run effectively and smoothly. The Vice President of Advancement will be essential in guiding a strategic direction for and raising awareness of the academy’s capital campaign with the objective of supporting the funding of the future campus. He/She will work with the President and other members of the administrative leadership team to support the mission and goals of the academy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Procurement of Funds- 60% of the time
- Ensure Development Department efforts are biblical, legal, ethical, and aligned with school policy.
- Develop and execute goals for the growth of the capital campaign revenue.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit donors.
- Meet with donors and prospective donors to build relationships and understand their interests as well as their ability to support the academy’s mission and vision.
- Collaborate with the President in the solicitation of major gifts.
- Prepare budgets, reports, and forecasts as requested by the President and the Board.
- Supervise the Development and Communications Director and other development staff in their fundraising activities to ensure the financial stability of the school.
- Oversee the effective use of the academy’s donor management system (i.e., Bloomerang).
- Direct the Development Services Director in managing and building the school’s donor profile.
- Schedule a communication plan for donor appreciation.
- Engage with and apply to Grant-making Foundations.
- Provide tours for prospective donors.
- Potentially work with consultants in development.
- Plan a monthly report and participate in monthly leadership meetings.
Marketing- 15% of the time
- Oversee the marketing staff, both paid and voluntary, and marketing efforts of the school.
- Coordinate with the marketing department team members to ensure ongoing growth of the school’s social digital media platforms and assist in maintaining the school’s website.
- Serve as a liaison between Providence Academy and the community; supervise and participate in Trade Booths at community events.
- Represent Providence Academy at civic organizations and community meetings.
Public Relations/Publication/Communications- 10% of the time
- Build and maintain a positive public image for Providence Academy.
- Learn Providence Academy’s objectives and create public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote the school.
- Prepare and edit publications i,e. newsletters and/or reports, for Providence Academy families and the community.
- Run PR Campaigns successfully that reach Providence Academy’s objectives.
- Oversee all internal and external communications for Providence Academy.
Alumni Association- 10% of the time
- Oversee the Director of Alumni Relations and other staff with responsibilities. connected to the Alumni Association to ensure healthy relations with the academy’s graduates.
- Ensure the Alumni Association structure and activities align with the school’s mission and the policy contained in the Alumni Association Handbook.
- Coordinate with the Director of Alumni Relations on alumni engagement activities.
- Cultivate relationships with parents of alumni.
Enrollment/Admissions Office- 5% of the time
- Collaborate with the Director of Enrollment and Engagement and other Admissions staff to ensure day to day operations run smoothly.
- Collaborate with the Enrollment/Admissions Office in the marketing materials and efforts that pertain to the Admissions Department.
- Provide Christ-centered, Biblically-directed, spiritual leadership to school faculty and staff as well as to other stakeholders as the opportunity arises.
- Provide visionary leadership as part of the leadership team and to motivate others to unite in pursuit of the school’s mission and highly successful outcomes in keeping with the Providence Portrait of a Graduate.
- Contribute toward an atmosphere of joyful service to Christ and others.
- Identify areas for advancement and improvement at Providence Academy, work with the President to set improvement goals, and implement processes and procedures to make those improvements.
- Ensure all resources (human, time, physical) are used effectively, and identify any additional resources needed.
- Meet regularly as part of the Administrative Leadership Team regarding challenges to attaining the mission/vision of PCCA.
- Once trained, be willing to lead and make decisions with sound judgment and little guidance.
- Add How-To guide articles to school’s central digital drive on a monthly basis.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven ability to create and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Identify and build networks to fulfill goals set by the President and the Board.
- Have a proven track record for soliciting donations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and/or Apple equivalents, Google Drive, database software, Google Calendar, e-mail, and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Ability to remain organized, prioritize and manage time while working on several tasks simultaneously.
- Have an understanding of consumer marketing.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of working on a development team
- 3+ years of fundraising experience
- Management experience with the ability to foster an environment of creativity, collaboration, and professional growth.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a related field
- 2+ years in an educational setting
REQUIRED PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Faith in Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior.
- A belief that the Bible is God’s Word and is the standard for faith and daily living.
- Agrees whole-heartedly with Providence Academy’s Statement of Faith.
- Is a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others. (Luke 6:40) This includes being committed to God’s biblical standards for sexual conduct.
- Is a Christian who is an active member of a Christ-centered church, and will remain so during the period of employment, growing in his/her Christian relationship with God, and actively practicing and exhibiting Christian principles of the Christian faith; seeks to model in speech, actions, and attitude a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ; sets an example of the importance of spiritual discipline; and encourages students in the importance of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and growth of their faith.
- Recognizes the role of parents as primarily responsible before God for their children’s education and is prepared to partner with them in that task.
- Demonstrates the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance, and punctuality.
- Meets everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
- Maintains a personal appearance that is a Christian role model of cleanliness, modesty, good taste, and is in agreement with school policy.
- Uses acceptable English in written and oral communication. Speaks with clear articulation.
- Respectfully submits and is loyal to constituted authority.
- Willingness to notify the Principal of any policy he/she is unable to support
- Possesses a clear knowledge, understanding, and heart for classical and Christian education.
- Possesses a passion for the University-Model School mission/vision.
- Is a spiritual leader.
- Has the ability to delegate and follow-up.
- Is organized and multi-task oriented.
- Possesses good people skills.
- Has a servant’s heart.
- Is able to diffuse difficult situations.
- Is a problem solver.
- Respects confidentiality.
- Possesses and demonstrates the fruits of the Spirit.
- Is willing to be visible on campus and in activities; recognizes the sensitive nature of his/her presence.
- Acts objectively when distinguishing what is best for Providence Academy when his/her own children are attending the school.
- Is exemplary in praying for the school, staff, students, and families.
- Models biblical principles of leadership in his/her relationships with and treatment of the faculty and staff.
- Submits to the Principal’s, Head of School’s and Board’s authority.
- Is able to articulate a Christian (biblical) philosophy of education and implement this philosophy at all levels of the school.
- Is able to communicate openly and honestly with the President and Board.
Providence Academy does not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, gender or national or ethnic origin. The purpose of this job description is to describe the basic function, major responsibilities/tasks, and essential functions of each job so that employees can better know what is expected of them. The descriptions also provide information useful for recruiting, training, and performance appraisal. This document does not create an employment agreement, nor does it modify the at-will employment status of all employees. This job description is not meant to inhibit employee creativity or innovation. It may be revised when necessary.
To apply of our website, please use the following link: Vice President of Advancement