Covenant Christian Academy, a Classical, Christian and College Preparatory school, is accepting applications for the position of Worship Ensemble Teacher. Qualified candidates will possess:
- A passionate love for Jesus Christ
- A thorough knowledge of and contemporary and traditional worship styles
- The ability to create worship sets that utilize a variety of repertoire recognizing that students come from a wide variety of church traditions.
- Excellent Communication and Organizational skills
- A working knowledge of sound equipment and basic sound engineering
- The ability to lead worship alone and accompany on guitar or piano
- A Bachelor of Music, Music Education or Church Music degree is preferred
- A state teaching certificate and/or classroom teaching experience is preferred
This is a part-time position to begin in August 1, 2018. CCA is a Pre-K through 12th grade school located in Colleyville, TX and has a current enrollment of approximately 630 students. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Teaching worship ensemble classes for grades 7/8 and 9-12 (approximately 10 hours per week)
- Preparing the ensembles to lead music for Logic and Rhetoric school chapel services.
- Occasionally leading music solo for Logic and Rhetoric school chapel services.