- McKinney, Texas
- October 27, 2021
Doctorate of Philosophy in Counseling and Supervision 2011
Texas A&M University-Commerce –Commerce, TX
Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy 2007
University of Louisiana Monroe – Monroe, LA
Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology 2001
University of Texas at Arlington – Arlington, TX
Licensed Professional Counselor-TX #68087
2021: Interim Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs and Student Success & Acting Board Secretary
-Lead the academic and student success activities of The University of North Texas System to maximize student success, enhance research and creative activity of its faculty and students, and provide professional service to North Texas, the State, the nation, and the world.
-Lead and coordinate UNT System presidents and provosts on all academic and student success priorities.
-Lead the effort to develop meaningful metrics for each institution to be used in driving decisions aimed at fostering student success in the areas of persistence, graduation and learning outcomes.
-Ensure that stretch goals are established for each institution to ensure that it is properly measured against peers and those that the institution aspires to join as a peer. Measure each institution’s progress in reaching its goals and improving its metrics.
-Develop a strategic framework with accountability tools to guide the work of the Board of Regents Student Success, Academic and Clinical Affairs.
-Ensure effective and timely reporting to the Chancellor and Board of Regents regarding the performance of UNT System institutions in terms of metrics, goals, outcomes and other appropriate measures.
-Oversee academic program development of UNT System institutions from inception to coordinating board approval, working with them to develop rigorous student learning outcomes and metrics of institution, program and student success.
Facilitate collaboration across UNT System universities and institutions external to the UNT System in cross and similar function responsibilities to enhance research/creative activity, instruction and professional service among UNT System universities.
-Partner with UNT System institutions to provide system-wide mapping of institutional research footprint and external environment to cultivate and opportunities.
-Promote, strengthen, and enhance equity, diversity and inclusion in academic affairs and student success.
-Lead comprehensive distance learning initiatives, improving the efficiency and penetration of course development and delivery.
-Perform ongoing reviews of all systemwide Academic and Student Success policies and functions to ensure compliance with Board Policy, Coordinating Board Rule, State and Federal law and to improve or to eliminate non-functional or unnecessary policies.
-Support UNT System institutions in developing articulation agreements with community college districts and other efforts to expand enrollment of community college transfer students in UNT System institutions and improve the transfer process and outcomes for students.
Member of University Cabinet and reports to and collaborates with the Vice President of Student Access and Success.
• Worked on special projects as requested by the president.
• Adhered to the Council for Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS) for all areas under Student Affairs.
• Served as chief student conduct officer for the campus. Develops training and coordinates the work of the student conduct board.
• Provided direction for Presidential Scholars, Trailblazer 360, student safety concerns, student engagement, and wellness and prevention education, in addition to other student programs.
• Oversaw Title IX compliance and manages recordkeeping and documentation for complaints and complaint response.
• Co-lead, with Enrollment Management and Office of the Provost, the university management of Early Intervention Program results, a campaign that supports students who are at-risk academically or socially and helps to determine strategies and follow up for these students.
• Oversaw the revision of existing, and development of new policies related to Student Affairs, including annual updates to the Student Handbook, ensuring that all policies are appropriate and consistent with all other published university policies.
• Supported and advocated on behalf of UNT Dallas students. Along with the assistance from the Student Solutions department, serves as the primary point of contact for students with emergencies/critical situations, complaints or issues, advising and providing referrals to resources as appropriate.
• Managed the Student Affairs budget, including internal reallocations and requests for funding.
• Built relationships and collaborates with faculty and campus units to ensure Student Affairs programs/services support student learning, the university's mission, and strategic plan.
• Provided leadership for the assessment of all Student Affairs programs/services.
• Maintained knowledge of policies/procedures governing student involvement and interprets and communicates policies to campus constituents.
• Represented Student Affairs on campus, assists with UNT System initiatives, and works with a focus on enhancing the student experience.
• Attended campus events and supports student leaders and collaborates with university leadership, faculty, and staff to promote participation in Student Affairs activities.
• Lead, coordinated and served on a variety of university committees and task forces including Student Service Fee Advisory Committee, Security Clearance Committee, Campus Assessment, Response and Education (C.A.R.E.) Team, Campus Emergency and Response Team (CERT) and others as assigned by the Vice President.
• Developed and assessed program/student learning outcomes and establishes a comprehensive database reporting process.
-Partnered with University Advancement to build framework for Alumni Giving Campaign
-Engaged with corporate donors to secure financial resources to workforce development programs for student success