- Pulaski, Virginia
- July 2, 2019
With experience in teaching music to K-12 students, leading an arts department for a private Christian school, and performing as a professional vocalist, a wide range of skills allow a unique perspective on teaching and team collaboration.
From the stage to the audience, I thrive in a setting of teamwork, excellence and strong vision.
Plan and execute age and developmentally appropriate lessons, assessments and performances focusing on student learning and the constructivist and project-based approach, utilizing philosophies and methodology of Orff-Schulwerk, Kodaly, Dalcroze and Music Learning Theory, incorporating State and National standards for music education. Recorder instruction to 5th grade classes.
• Designed, implemented plan for growth and excellence in arts programs. Student involvement tripled.
• Initiated partnership with local Music Academy; school music conservatory of 50+ students.
• Raised awareness of arts program in school community through performances; improved student retention rate, generated enrollment.
• Worked with arts faculty to create values and mission specific to arts program, prioritizing future class offerings, activities.
• Started middle and high school choir; 45 members, superior rating at festival.
• Accomplished growth: 11 new arts classes, 2 new clubs, 3 new hires, 2 musicals, 2 rhythm bands.