The Assistant to the Head of Upper School is responsible for working directly in administrative support to the Head of Upper School and provides support to Upper School administrators and faculty as needed. The position requires a high degree of knowledge of the School’s mission, programs, services, organization, and objectives in order to initiate, coordinate, and personally perform secretarial and administrative support processes. The Assistant must have strong administrative and organizational skills, strong written and verbal skills, and the ability to maintain proper balance among multiple priorities, maintaining the utmost confidentiality in all matters.
- Relate well to a variety of individuals, including students, parents, staff and the community, and exercise diplomacy in responding to verbal or email communications and resolving situations involving students, parents, public, staff, and faculty.
- Work independently to perform a variety of secretarial work, including typing/word processing, spreadsheets, proofreading, setting up and maintaining files, recording information, and processing and distributing of documents and correspondence, maintaining high standards of independent judgment, accuracy, speed, and confidentiality.
- Compile, develop, and design special reports, handbooks, and projects as requested.
- Perform diverse managerial responsibilities within areas and limits of authority as delegated by the Head of Upper School. Coordinate with others in teamwork relationships in the course of work, to expedite the workflow and events of the Upper School.
- Manage Head of Upper School’s calendar; make reservations for Upper School facility use and setup and provide paperwork to Facilities Manager.
- Compose written or email correspondence from brief verbal or written instruction from Head of Upper School or independently for signature by Head of Upper School.
- Manage purchase orders and help maintain the Upper School budget.
- Assist with communication between the Head of Upper School’s Office and internal departments; schedule and, when necessary, participate in meetings (to include note taking as needed).
- Be knowledgeable about The Covenant School and its events and serve as an information resource person and a liaison between the Lower, Middle, and Upper School offices; serve as a resource person to students, parents, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Upper School.
Education & Experience Requirement:
- Degree from an accredited college or university (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google applications
Interested candidates should send a resume and application to
Colin Anderson, Head of Upper School, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org