Part-Time Chinese Teacher
The Stony Brook School is seeking an experienced and innovative educator to teach one section of upper level Chinese beginning August 2018. This is an exciting opportunity to work at one of the country’s most prestigious Christian academic institutions as a member of a talented and dedicated faculty. All candidates should have demonstrable Christian commitment and an educational philosophy that is consistent with The Stony Brook School’s mission statement.
The strongest candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chinese or Chinese education required, with a master’s degree strongly preferred
- Three or more years of Chinese teaching experience
- High energy, high career ambition, and strong ability to connect with teenagers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Eagerness to serve in a faith-based learning environment that emphasizes faithful Christian scholarship and character formation
- Proficiency with technology and a desire to incorporate technology into the classroom
- Ability to differentiate instruction effectively in block periods
- Experience working as part of a collaborative team of teachers
- Ability to interact professionally with a globally diverse group of parents and school community members
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and lifelong learning
- Maturity and stability sufficient for a demanding position
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter via email to the Academic Dean, Sean Riley, at firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out the application for employment at https://www.stonybrookschool.org/page/employment-application.